General conditions of sale
These general conditions of sale apply to all sales concluded on the website
The contact details of the company are as follows:
- Your website link:
- Company name:
- Postal address:
Rue de l'Armistice N17, 1081 Brussels
- Telephone Number (optional):
- Email address:
- Company number:
The main characteristics of the Products and in particular the specifications, illustrations and indications of dimensions or capacity of the Products, are presented in the Seller's catalogues. The photographs and graphics presented are not contractual and cannot engage the responsibility of the Seller. The Customer is required to refer to the description of each Product in order to know its properties and essential particularities.
Product offers are within the limits of available stocks.
The customer declares to have read and accepted the general conditions of sale prior to placing his order. The validation of the order therefore implies acceptance of the general conditions of sale.
Article 1 - Principles
These general conditions express the entirety of the obligations of the parties. In this sense, the customer is deemed to accept them without reservation.
These general conditions of sale apply to the exclusion of all other conditions, and in particular those applicable to sales in stores or by means of marketing or other distribution channels.
They are accessible on the Slibag.com website and will prevail, where applicable, over any other version or any other contradictory document.
The buyer and the seller agree that these general conditions govern their relationship exclusively. The seller reserves the right to modify its general conditions from time to time, which will be applicable as soon as they are put online.
If a condition of sale were to be lacking, it would be considered to be governed by the practices in force in the distance selling sector whose companies are headquartered in France.
Article 2 - Content
Object. The purpose of these general conditions is to define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the online sale of goods offered by the seller to the buyer, from the website Slibag.com.
Capacity. The use of the site to place an order presumes the acceptance of all the terms of these general conditions The Customer declares to be of legal age and able to contract under the law of his country or declares to represent, under a valid mandate, the person for whom he makes the order.
Acceptance of the GCS. The Customer declares to have read the general conditions and to have accepted them before any purchase, which implies unconditional acceptance of these general conditions of sale.By this acceptance, the customer acknowledges that he has benefited upstream from any order, from sufficient information and advice from the company, allowing him to ensure that the content of his order is appropriate to the needs that are his own These general conditions constitute the entirety of the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of their contractual relationship.
Unless proven otherwise, the data recorded by the Site constitutes proof of all facts, acceptance and transactions.
The purpose of these general conditions is to define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the online sale of goods offered by the seller to the buyer, from the Slibag.com website.
Article 3 - The order
The buyer has the possibility of placing his order online, from the online catalog and by means of the form which appears there, for any product, within the limit of available stocks.
The buyer will be informed of any unavailability of the product or goods ordered.
For the order to be validated, the buyer must accept, by clicking where indicated, these general conditions. He will also have to choose the address and the delivery method, and finally validate the payment method.
The sale will be considered final:
- after sending the buyer confirmation of acceptance of the order by the seller by e-mail;
- and after receipt by the seller of the full price.
Any order implies acceptance of the prices and description of the products available for sale. Any dispute on this point will take place within the framework of a possible exchange and the guarantees mentioned below.
In certain cases, including non-payment, incorrect address or other problem on the buyer's account, the seller reserves the right to block the buyer's order until the problem is resolved.
For any question relating to the follow-up of an order, the buyer can send an email to the seller at the following email email@example.com
Call the following telephone number: +32465560449 on the following days and times: Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The digitized registers, kept in the company's computer systems under reasonable security conditions, will be considered as proof of communications, orders and payments between the parties. Archiving of purchase orders and invoices is carried out on a reliable and durable medium that can be produced as proof.
Article 4 - Pre-contractual information
The buyer acknowledges having read, prior to placing his order and concluding the contract, in a readable and understandable manner, these general conditions of sale and all the information listed in article L 221-5 of the consumer code.
The following information is transmitted to the buyer in a clear and understandable manner:
- the essential characteristics of the property;
- the price of the good and/or the method of calculating the price;
- if applicable, all additional transport, delivery or postage costs and any other charges payable;
- in the absence of immediate execution of the contract, the date or the deadline on which the seller undertakes to deliver the good, whatever its price;
- information relating to the identity of the seller, to his postal, telephone and electronic contact details, and to his activities, those relating to legal guarantees, to the functionalities of the digital content and, where applicable, to its interoperability, to the existence and terms of implementation of warranties and other contractual conditions
Article 5 - Electronic signature
The online provision of the buyer's credit card number and the final validation of the order will constitute proof of the buyer's agreement:
- payment of sums due under the purchase order;
- signature and express acceptance of all operations carried out.
In case of fraudulent use of the credit card, the buyer is invited, as soon as this use is observed, to contact the seller at the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or at the following telephone number: +32465560449.
Article 6 - Order Confirmation
The seller provides the buyer with an order confirmation, by e-mail once the payment has been made.
Article 7 - Proof of the transaction
The computerized registers, kept in the seller's computer systems under reasonable security conditions, will be considered as proof of communications, orders and payments between the parties. Archiving of purchase orders and invoices is carried out on a reliable and durable medium that can be produced as proof.
Article 8 - Product Information
The products governed by these general conditions are those which appear on the seller's website and which are indicated as sold by the seller. They are offered while stocks last.
The products are described and presented with the greatest possible accuracy. However, if errors or omissions may have occurred in this presentation, the seller cannot be held liable.
Product photographs are not contractual.
Article 9 – Pricing conditions
The seller reserves the right to modify its prices at any time, but undertakes to apply the prices in force indicated at the time of the order, subject to availability on that date.
The prices are indicated in euros.
The customer buying a product sold all taxes included (TTC) will see a price taking into account the VAT applicable on the day of purchase of the product. Any change in the applicable VAT rate is reflected in the price of the products. In the event that the company benefits from an exemption based on VAT, it can legitimately invoice its products excluding tax (HT).
In the event that a customer located in a country of the European Union would be asked to pay VAT to receive his order, the latter must inform the seller before paying the sums claimed by the carrier or the customs administration, so that it can legitimately unblock the situation for the customer.
If the customer has nevertheless paid costs related to customs clearance such as VAT, customs duties or other processing fees, the customer may request a refund of only the VAT and customs duties, on the sole condition that the customer provides acceptable proof of the payment thus paid
Article 10 - Method of payment
This is an order with payment obligation, which means that placing the order implies payment by the buyer.
To pay for his order, the buyer has, at his choice, all the payment methods made available to him by the seller and listed on the seller's site. The buyer guarantees to the seller that he has the necessary authorizations to use the method of payment chosen by him, during the validation of the order form. The seller reserves the right to suspend any management of the order and any delivery in the event of refusal of authorization of payment by bank card on the part of officially accredited bodies or in the event of non-payment. In particular, the seller reserves the right to refuse to make a delivery or to honor an order from a buyer who has not fully or partially paid a previous order or with whom a payment dispute is in progress. .
Payment of the price is made in full on the day of the order, according to the following terms:
- Bank card (Visa, Mastercard, etc)
Special offers and discount coupons. The company reserves the right to offer time-limited introductory offers, promotional offers or price reductions on its products and to revise its offers and rates on the site at any time, under the conditions provided for by law. The applicable prices are those in force at the time of purchase of the product by the customer, who cannot avail himself of other prices, prior or subsequent to his purchase. Discount vouchers may be subject to special conditions and remain strictly personal to their beneficiary and can only be used once.
In the event of a payment incident and/or fraud. The company reserves the right to suspend any processing of the Order and any delivery in the event of non-payment or refusal of authorization of payment by credit card from officially accredited bodies. In particular, the company reserves the right to refuse to honor an order from a customer who has not fully or partially paid a previous order or with whom a payment dispute is in progress.
The company may contact the customer to ask for additional documents to execute payment for the order. The company can rely on the information delivered by the order analysis system. The supply of the requested documents is necessary for the confirmation of the order by the company. In order to fight against credit card fraud, a visual verification of the means of payment can be carried out by the company before delivering the product. In the event of fraudulent use of his credit card, the customer is invited, as soon as this use is observed, to contact the company, without prejudice to the steps to be taken by the Customer with his bank.
Default or late payment. The interest and penalties provided for by law apply in the event of default or late payment by the consumer or professional Customer.
Article 11 - Availability of products - Reimbursement - Cancellation
Except in cases of force majeure or during periods of closure of the online store which will be clearly announced on the home page of the site, the shipping times will be, within the limits of available stocks, those indicated below. below Shipping times run from the date of registration of the order indicated on the order confirmation email.
Delivery terms will be specified to the buyer on a case-by-case basis.
In the event of non-compliance with the agreed delivery date or deadline, the buyer must, before breaking the contract, order the seller to perform it within a reasonable additional period.
Failing performance at the end of this new period, the buyer may freely terminate the contract.
The buyer must complete these successive formalities by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt or in writing on another durable medium.
The contract will be considered resolved upon receipt by the seller of the letter or writing informing him of this resolution, unless the professional has performed in the meantime.
The buyer may, however, immediately terminate the contract, if the dates or deadlines seen above constitute for him an essential condition of the contract.
In this case, when the contract is terminated, the seller is required to reimburse the buyer for all the sums paid, at the latest within 14 days following the date on which the contract was terminated.
In case of unavailability of the product ordered, the buyer will be informed as soon as possible and will have the possibility of canceling his order. The buyer will then have the choice of requesting either a refund of the sums paid within 14 days of their payment at the latest, or an exchange of the product.
Article 12 - Terms of delivery
Delivery means the transfer to the consumer of physical possession or control of the goods. The ordered products are delivered to the buyer by the seller's supplier according to the terms and time specified above.
The products are delivered to the address indicated by the buyer on the order form, the buyer must therefore ensure that it is correct. Any package returned to the seller due to an incorrect or incomplete delivery address will be reshipped at the buyer's expense. The buyer can, at his request, obtain the sending of an invoice to the billing address and not to the delivery address, by validating the option provided for this purpose on the order form.
If the buyer is absent on the day of delivery, the delivery person will leave a notice in the mailbox, which will allow the package to be collected at the place and time indicated.
If at the time of delivery, the original packaging is damaged, torn, open, the buyer must then check the condition of the items. If they have been damaged, the buyer must imperatively refuse the package and note a reservation on the delivery slip (parcel refused, because open or damaged).
The buyer must indicate on the delivery note and in the form of handwritten reservations accompanied by his signature any anomaly concerning the delivery (damage, missing product compared to the delivery note, damaged parcels, broken products, etc.).
This verification is considered to have been carried out once the buyer, or a person authorized by him, has signed the delivery note.
The buyer must then confirm these reservations by registered mail to the carrier no later than two working days following receipt of the item(s) and send a copy of this letter by fax or simple mail to the seller at the address indicated in the legal notices of the site
If the products need to be returned to the seller, they must be the subject of a return request to the seller within 14 days of delivery. Any complaint made outside this period cannot be accepted. The return of the product can only be accepted for products in their original state (packaging, accessories, instructions, etc.).
The products are to be returned to the following address:
- Rue de l'Armistice 17, 1081 Brussels
The product will be delivered within a maximum of 7 days.
The products are offered for sale and delivered within the limits of available stocks. In the event of unavailability of the product ordered, the customer will be immediately informed by the company, which may offer him a product of equivalent quality and price or, failing that, will refund the order if the Customer is a consumer. Apart from reimbursement of the price of the unavailable product, the company is not liable for any cancellation compensation, unless the non-performance of the contract is personally attributable to it.
Return costs are the responsibility of the customer.
Article 13 - Delivery errors
The buyer must make to the seller on the same day of delivery or at the latest on the first working day following delivery, any complaint of error of delivery and/or non-conformity of the products in kind or in quality with respect to the indications appearing on the order form. Any complaint made after this period will be rejected.
The complaint may be made, at the buyer's choice:
- by phone at the following number:
- by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Any complaint not made in the rules defined above and within the time limits cannot be taken into account and will release the seller from any liability vis-à-vis the buyer.
Upon receipt of the complaint, the seller will assign an exchange number for the product(s) concerned and will communicate it by e-mail to the buyer. The exchange of a product can only take place after the allocation of the exchange number.
Article 14 - Product warranty
14-1 Legal guarantee of conformity
The seller guarantees the conformity of the goods sold with the contract, allowing the buyer to make a request under the legal guarantee of conformity provided for in articles L. 217-3 and following of the consumer code.
In the event of implementation of the legal guarantee of conformity, it is recalled that:
- the buyer has a period of 2 years from the delivery of the goods to act;
- the buyer can choose between repairing or replacing the good, subject to the cost conditions provided for in article L. 217-17 of the consumer code;
- the buyer does not have to provide proof of the non-compliance of the goods during the 24 months in the case of new goods (12 months in the case of second-hand goods), following the delivery of the goods.
14-2 Legal warranty against hidden defects
In accordance with articles 1641 and following of the Civil Code, the seller is liable for hidden defects that may affect the property sold. It will be up to the buyer to prove that the defects existed at the time of the sale of the property and are of such a nature as to render the property unfit for the use for which it is intended.This warranty must be implemented within two years from the discovery of the defect
The buyer can choose between canceling the sale or reducing the price in accordance with article 1644 of the Civil Code.
Article 15 - Right of withdrawal
Application of the right of withdrawal
The buyer has a period of 30 days from the date of delivery of his order to return any item that does not suit him and request an exchange or refund without penalty, except for costs return which remain the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns must be made in their original condition and complete (packaging, accessories, instructions, etc.) allowing them to be resold in new condition, accompanied by the purchase invoice.
Damaged, soiled or incomplete products are not taken back.
The right of withdrawal can be exercised online, using the withdrawal form available on this website. In this case, an acknowledgment of receipt on a durable medium will be immediately communicated to the buyer. Any other mode of declaration of withdrawal is accepted. It must be unambiguous and express the will to retract.
In case of exercise of the right of withdrawal within the aforementioned period, the customer must notify his right of withdrawal
by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The price of the purchased product(s) is reimbursed and delivery costs are reimbursed.
Return costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
The exchange (subject to availability) or refund will be made at the latest, within 7 days of receipt, by the seller, of the products returned by the buyer under the conditions provided for herein. above.
According to article L221-28 of the Consumer Code, the right of withdrawal cannot be exercised for contracts:
- supply of goods whose price depends on fluctuations on the financial market beyond the control of the professional and likely to occur during the withdrawal period;
- supply of goods made to the consumer's specifications or clearly personalized;
- supply of goods liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- supply of goods which have been unsealed by the consumer after delivery and which cannot be returned for reasons of hygiene or health protection;
- supply of goods which, after being delivered and by their nature, are inseparably mixed with other items;
- the supply of alcoholic beverages, the delivery of which is deferred for more than thirty days and the value of which is agreed upon at the conclusion of the contract, depending on fluctuations in the market beyond the professional's control;
- maintenance or repair work to be carried out urgently at the consumer's home and expressly requested by him, within the limit of spare parts and work strictly necessary to respond to the emergency;
- supply of audio or video recordings or computer software when they have been unsealed by the consumer after delivery;
- for the supply of a newspaper, periodical or magazine, except for subscription contracts to these publications;
- supply of digital content not supplied on a physical medium, the execution of which has begun after the consumer's express prior agreement and express waiver of his right of withdrawal.
The company is not required to reimburse the additional costs if the consumer has expressly chosen a more expensive delivery method than the standard delivery method offered by the professional
Article 16 - Force majeure
Any circumstances beyond the control of the parties preventing the performance under normal conditions of their obligations are considered as grounds for exemption from the obligations of the parties and lead to their suspension.
The party invoking the circumstances referred to above must immediately notify the other party of their occurrence, as well as of their disappearance.
Will be considered as cases of force majeure all irresistible facts or circumstances, external to the parties, unforeseeable, inevitable, beyond the control of the parties and which cannot be prevented by the latter, despite all reasonably possible efforts. Expressly, are considered as force majeure or fortuitous events, in addition to those usually retained by the jurisprudence of French courts and tribunals: the blocking of means of transport or supplies, earthquakes, fires, storms, floods, lightning, disruption of telecommunications networks or difficulties specific to telecommunications networks external to customers.
The parties will come together to examine the impact of the event and agree on the conditions under which the performance of the contract will be continued. If the case of force majeure lasts longer than three months, these general conditions may be terminated by the injured party.
Article 17 - Intellectual Property
The content of the website remains the property of the seller, the sole holder of the intellectual property rights to this content.
Buyers agree not to make any use of this content; any total or partial reproduction of this content is strictly prohibited and may constitute an offense of counterfeiting.
Article 18 - Information Technology and Freedoms
The personal data provided by the buyer are necessary for the processing of his order and the establishment of invoices.
They may be communicated to the seller's partners responsible for the execution, processing, management and payment of orders.
The buyer has a right of permanent access, modification, rectification and opposition with regard to information concerning him. This right can be exercised under the conditions and according to the methods defined on the site Slibag.com
Article 19 - Partial non-validation
If one or more stipulations of these general conditions are held to be invalid or declared as such pursuant to a law, regulation or following a final decision of a competent court, the other stipulations shall retain all their might and reach.
Section 20 - Non-waiver
The fact for one of the parties not to take advantage of a breach by the other party of any of the obligations referred to in these general conditions cannot be interpreted for the future as a waiver of the obligation in question.
Article 21 - Title
In case of difficulty of interpretation between any of the titles appearing at the head of the clauses, and any of the clauses, the titles will be declared non-existent.
Article 22 - Language of the contract
These general conditions of sale are written in French.In the event that they are translated into one or more foreign languages, only the French text shall prevail in the event of a dispute
Article 23 - Mediation and dispute resolution
The buyer may resort to conventional mediation, in particular with the Consumer Mediation Commission or with existing sector-based mediation bodies, or any alternative dispute resolution method (conciliation, for example) in the event of of dispute. The names, contact details and e-mail addresses of the mediator are available on our site.
In the event of difficulty in the execution of the Contract, the Consumer Customer residing in Europe has the possibility, before any legal action, to seek recourse from a consumer mediator.
In accordance with Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No 524/2013, the European Commission has set up an Online Dispute Resolution platform, facilitating the independent out-of-court settlement of online disputes between consumers and professionals in the European Union. This platform is accessible at the following link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/.
Article 24 - Applicable law
These general conditions are subject to the application of French law. The competent courts are the French courts.
This is the case for substantive rules as well as formal rules. In the event of a dispute or complaint, the buyer will first contact the seller to obtain an amicable solution.
Article 25 - Protection of personal data
The personal data collected on this site are as follows:
- account opening: when creating the user's account, his
- connection: when the user connects to the website, the user records, in particular, his first names, surnames, payment data, connection data, usage data , and location
- profile: the use of the services provided on the website allows you to fill in a profile, which may include an address and a telephone number- payment: as part of the payment for the products and services offered on the website, it records financial data relating to the user's bank account or credit card;
- communication: when the website is used to communicate with other members, the data concerning the user's communications are temporarily stored;
- cookies: cookies are used as part of the use of the site. The user has the option of disabling cookies from their browser settings.
Use of personal data
The personal data collected from users is intended to provide the services of the website, to improve them and to maintain a secure environment.Specifically, the uses are as follows:
- access and use of the website by the user;
- managing the operation and optimization of the website;
- verification, identification and authentication of data transmitted by the user;
- offering the user the possibility to communicate with other users of the website;
- implement user assistance;
- personalization of services by displaying advertisements based on the user's browsing history, according to their preferences;
- prevention and detection of fraud, malware (malicious software or malicious software) and management of security incidents;
- management of possible disputes with users;
- sending commercial and advertising information, based on user preferences
Sharing personal data with third parties
Personal data may be shared with third-party companies, in the following cases:
- when the user uses payment services, for the implementation of these services, the website is in contact with third-party banking and financial companies with which it has entered into contracts;
- when the user posts, in the free comment areas of the website, publicly available information;
- when the user allows a third party website to access their data;
- when the website uses the services of service providers to provide user support, advertising and payment services. These service providers have limited access to user data, as part of the performance of these services, and have a contractual obligation to use them in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data. staff;
- if required by law, the website may transmit data to respond to claims against the website and to comply with administrative and legal procedures;
- if the website is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or receivership procedure, it may be required to sell or share all or part of its assets, including personal data . In this case, users would be informed, before the personal data is transferred to a third party.
Security and Privacy
The website implements organizational, technical, software and physical digital security measures to protect personal data against alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. However, please note that the internet is not a completely secure environment and the website cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of information over the internet.
Enforcement of user rights
In application of the regulations applicable to personal data, users have the following rights, which they can exercise by making their request to the following address: email@example.com
- the right of access: they can exercise their right of access, to know the personal data concerning them. In this case, before the implementation of this right, the website may request proof of the user's identity in order to verify its accuracy.
- the right of rectification: if the personal data held by the website is inaccurate, they can request that the information be updated
- the right to delete data: users can request the deletion of their personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- the right to limit processing: users can ask the website to limit the processing of personal data in accordance with the assumptions provided by the GDPR.
- the right to oppose the processing of data: users can object to their data being processed in accordance with the assumptions provided for by the GDPR.
- the right to portability: they can request that the website give them the personal data provided to them to transmit them to a new website.
Changes to this clause
The website reserves the right to make any changes to this clause relating to the protection of personal data at any time. If a modification is made to this personal data protection clause, the website undertakes to publish the new version on its site. The website will also inform users of the modification by e-mail, at least 15 days before the effective date. If the user does not agree with the terms of the new wording of the personal data protection clause, he has the option of deleting his account.